You know those days where you have the BEST intentions…
But somehow you find yourself falling short?
Thursday was one of those days….
As I was gathering all of the ingredients to make our dinner…Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos to be exact…I realized I was missing something important…
THE CHICKEN! I forgot to put the blasted chicken in the crock pot earlier in the day so it would be ready to shred for dinner! >>Insert favorite curse word here!<<
What was I going to do? The kids were HANGRY & frankly so was I…and our chicken breasts were FROZEN! Solid as a rock!
Luckily I had a little trick up my sleeve! Instant Pot to the RESCUE!
You see this Christmas my mom sent us an Instant Pot and I wasn’t exactly sure WHAT I was going to use it for…but I had heard amazing things.
So, I put all my faith and trust into that little pot. I threw in the chicken breasts, some water, hit the poultry button, and said a little prayer.
If that didn’t work it was going to be a PB&J kinda night…
But to my surprise 20 minutes later our once FROZEN chicken was cooked & ready to SHRED!
Meet your NEW best friend! Sorry Crock Pot…it’s been REAL!
Anyway I’m sure by now you are all DYING to snag my Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos recipe! No worries I got you covered!
What You Need:
1 (8 ounce) package of Cream Cheese
1 package of Bacon Crumbles (not BITS)
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken (can buy rotisserie, use an instant pot, or crockpot)
1 (1 ounce) packet Dry Ranch Dressing Mix (you will only use HALF – I always forget)
2 cups Shredded Cheese (Fiesta Blend or Monterrey Jack)
10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
Nonstick Cooking Spray
What You Do:
- Get out Cream Cheese and let soften at room temp
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray lightly with cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, bacon, chicken, and cheese
- Add dry ranch. Season to taste. Mix
- Spoon chicken mixture onto flour tortilla and roll up.
- Place taquito seam side down. Repeat.
- Once finished, spray the tops with non stick cooking spray
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve with favorites such as salsa, guacamole, ranch, sour cream, or eat plain.
Want to find the original recipe? Head on over to Six Sisters Stuff!
Do you haven an Instant Pot? What is your favorite recipe?