Move over LUSH! The Clark gals have figured out how to make DELICIOUS Bath Bombs in the comfort of our own home! Say WHAT?!
I don’t know about Y’all but I LOVE me some Bath Bombs and so do my kids! In fact the last time I went and splurged on these delicious treats…I ended up only using ONE because the kids used up the rest!
So I set out on a journey to find the PERFECT recipe! There were a LOT of mess ups on the way..we are talking exploding containers…dyed fingers…and powder EVERYWHERE!
But by golly we didn’t give up and we are excited to share with YOU our favorite bath time treat!
Here’s What You Will Need:
2 Cups Baking Soda
1 Cup Citric Acid
3/4 Cup Cornstarch
3 tsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tsp. Essential Oils
8-10 Drops of Food Coloring
Rubbing Alcohol in Spray Bottle
What You Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all DRY ingredients & mix well (makes about 3 cups)
- In a small container mix together coconut oil & essential oils ( I made Lavender & Breathe)
- Slowly add the oils to your dry ingredients, mix as you go (take your time so it isn’t lumpy)
- Next add your food coloring, get creative and have FUN!
- Spray your mixture with alcohol 5-10 times while mixing until it resembles the texture of damp sand (have you ever played with Crazy Sand? Kind of the same thing!) You may need to spray a few more times! CAUTION!!! Do not over spray! This WILL lead to EXPLODING bath bombs!! Trust me I know!
- Add a heaping amount of your bath bomb mixture to your mold. Press your mixture into the mold. Add more until it’s the size you want it to be.
- Let dry for a minimum of 10 minutes. If using condiment cups flip over the bath bombs onto a cookie sheet to finish drying. If using a mold, tap lightly with a spoon to get it to pop out.
- Let finish drying over night.
I would love to hear what flavor of Bath Bomb you make!